Reasonably priced hardware spring reverb

Hardware ish
User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Reasonably priced hardware spring reverb

Post by Paralytik » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:52 pm

I've been looking into this a bit, and I've found out there's a lot of diy kits. I'm not very handy with soldering or electronics, so it'd be easier to find a pre-built unit, if there are any that are not too expensive.

Anyone got any tips to share?

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Re: Reasonably priced hardware spring reverb

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:28 am

Don't know anything about spring reverbs tbh. But I googled and here's one over Thomann: https://www.thomann.de/fi/doepfer_a199.htm

Maybe you can tell that why hardware - just curious. :)

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:38 pm

You can slap the spring tank to make it sprrroing! Haha, I just like hardware, it's nice with physical knobs and buttons. And analog effects. That eurorack module needs a power supply to work, and eurorack cases with power are ridiculously expensive.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:09 pm

Paralytik wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:38 pm
You can slap the spring tank to make it sprrroing! Haha, I just like hardware, it's nice with physical knobs and buttons. And analog effects. That eurorack module needs a power supply to work, and eurorack cases with power are ridiculously expensive.
Well yeah, hardware feels a lot more powerful, as it's physical. And the experience in hardware feels so cool. But how much more would the electricity bill be, if you'd have hardware based basic setup that you'd use in daily basis?

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:40 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Electricity bill would probably go up, yeah. I actually plan on setting up some hardware in my new room. 16-channel mixer with 6 sends and post-fader direct outs will be the main piece connecting stuff. Recently bought 2 more synths from a friend, a Roland SH-09 and a Korg MS2000B. They'll probably go into the setup, along with the Doepfer Dark Energy + Dark Time, maybe MicroKorg, TE OP-1, Volca Beats, Electribe, Monotribe, etc. Would be good to fit the Yamaha Motif as main midi keys, but it's pretty big, so not sure about that yet.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:09 pm

Paralytik wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:40 pm
Sorry for the late reply. Electricity bill would probably go up, yeah. I actually plan on setting up some hardware in my new room. 16-channel mixer with 6 sends and post-fader direct outs will be the main piece connecting stuff. Recently bought 2 more synths from a friend, a Roland SH-09 and a Korg MS2000B. They'll probably go into the setup, along with the Doepfer Dark Energy + Dark Time, maybe MicroKorg, TE OP-1, Volca Beats, Electribe, Monotribe, etc. Would be good to fit the Yamaha Motif as main midi keys, but it's pretty big, so not sure about that yet.
Sounds like you are having lots of fun with the hardware-side. Do you use your hardware with Reason or something else?

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:18 pm

Yeah, I like making stuff with hardware, got a pile of things but no space, haha. I usually record audio live, or program MIDI in Reason and send it from my soundcard into an old Akai MIDI splitter, then to the different gear to trigger it.