How satisfied you are with Reason from 1-10?

Discuss Reason, ask or give help, or just say anything related to Reason.

20%
20%
20%
20%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
20%

Total votes: 5

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:57 pm

I must say that even there is still more room for Reason to get better than it is, I can say I'm very satisfied already now.
I love Reason and my first Reason version was Reason 2.0 back in the 2002.
I'm glad I picked Reason and not any other DAW.

The biggest love-factor for Reason isn't the routing for me, but the overall feel to it. And Reason is capable to sound amazing (nowdays I'm very happy with my mixing/mastering). The Reason structure and the look are the bestest out there IMO.
Everything is simple to understand and looks good for my eyes/mind.

I wish Reason never loses it's magic and just continues to provide more Propellerheads goody.
Anyway, I created a POLL to let you vote from 1-10 (10 being the maximum).

By the way, my 6th sense is saying that Reason 11 will arrive soonish and provides us something very important and cool once again.
So yeah Props - BRING US THE REASON 11 ALREADY!! :cussing:

User avatar Belgium
Respoda

Re: How satisfied you are with Reason from 1-10?

Post by Respoda » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:56 pm

I 'was' fairly satisfied until this last upgrade, which I happily skipped.

I have a horrid 'feeling' that they are moving away from its functionality as a true daw.
Combined with a really bad and unprofessional experience with their support very recently,
I am a bit appalled of their current actions and behavior. Still on 10.4, I just hope that doesn't remain that way when 12 comes along.
####### Music is expression. Expression spurs creation. Creation equals life. ######## #########################################################################################
## Your life is a musical expression of creation, life's exposé of matching sounds, ##
############################### all rushing to be heard ################################

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:26 pm

^^ I haven't upgraded either and I thought that I will, but then I changed my mind. Tbh, Reason 11 doesn't offer nothing that revolutional or anything, I couldn't live without. Curved automation isn't that important and neither are the rest of the new features. The Suite deal is quiet good, but I really ain't that keen to get new devices, as I have more than I need already now. So this is a skip from me too!

And this skip is my first one from the Reason 4 to Reason 11.

:8)I:

User avatar Belgium
Respoda

Post by Respoda » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:12 am

I've been concluding the same thing. Suite is not what I want for 250 euros and the default upgrade offers nothing for a Reason user that would justify 130 euros. Meanwhile, the 'same' bugs and shortcomings are still plaguing the software...
####### Music is expression. Expression spurs creation. Creation equals life. ######## #########################################################################################
## Your life is a musical expression of creation, life's exposé of matching sounds, ##
############################### all rushing to be heard ################################

Canada
oicur0t

Post by oicur0t » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:55 am

Respoda wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:56 pm
I 'was' fairly satisfied until this last upgrade, which I happily skipped.

I have a horrid 'feeling' that they are moving away from its functionality as a true daw.
Combined with a really bad and unprofessional experience with their support very recently,
I am a bit appalled of their current actions and behavior. Still on 10.4, I just hope that doesn't remain that way when 12 comes along.
They won't be moving away from being a DAW. The whole thing about versatility is that it brings in new customers. Lots of people would buy Reason now who will never move away from another DAW. It's very hard to get people to stop using one DAW over another. This change means they can get new customers and people don't have to choose. There's no reason (no pun intended) to remove features in the future. They're already built.

As a business this makes total sense and opens up new revenue streams, but it won't replace the exisiting user base, who are most likely to upgrade with each version.

I upgraded from 9 (I always skip a version) so I am pleased with the performance improvements in VSTs and the new instruments.

User avatar Belgium
Respoda

Post by Respoda » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:37 am

We'll see I guess...

:love it:

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm

oicur0t wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:55 am
It's very hard to get people to stop using one DAW over another.
Tell me about it. I used to almost jump off the Reason wagon back then, but I'm glad I didn't, as Reason evolved into a fully featured DAW. I was considering FL Studio. But hell the long waiting paid off so... all's good!

:uber_cool:

Canada
moneykube

Post by moneykube » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:33 pm

10.4 until rs gets back on track... rewire gone... mistake... few upgrades to daw yet becomes a vst smh... been using since 2.5 and this seems like 10 steps backwards at the moment... so I gave the unsavory 1

United States of America
Davidir

Post by Davidir » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:26 pm

I feel like I'm too fresh to make this call, but from what I can see, I don't think I'll have any objections to Reason whatsoever.