I used to own it but I sold it
No votes

Total votes: 4

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Who here owns a Recycle?

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:18 pm

I bought it from another Reason user back in the days when the PUF was still there.
I think it actually should fully be integrated into Reason, just like the most other users have also stated.
The whole beauty of Rex-Loops is pretty self explationary really, you can make some cool loops and trigger/rearrange the
slices and also keep the loop in a tempo. Yeah, but at this point I'd like to have it inside the Reason.

Also why not put 'timestretch' into it as well?
The overall process should be something like this:

Make a loop -> render it to audio and freeze the devices -> slice it - send it into the Octo-Rex -> DONE.
Then you could un-freeze any time and if you have done changes, you could refresh and re-send it to Octo-Rex Player again then.
There's something magical into it, when using audio to create music IMO.

Lets hope that the Propellerheads will make this happening ASAP. :)

Great Britain
LABONERECORDINGS

Re: Who here owns a Recycle?

Post by LABONERECORDINGS » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Here's the thing. We here also have Recycle and we prefer it as a separate program - why? well it's more about focus on what the task is at hand.

We use Recycle to really go in and edit our audio files properly. Reason's built in REX approach is ok, but it's set to 'default' REcycle settings (40% stretch.... and that's about it). Sometimes hit detection is iffy or timing can be out a touch in Reaosn. Recycle is pretty cool because you can edit a REX / RX2 file with slice markers, then save it, and at a later date reopen the file in Recycle, move any of the slice markers and resave it.

to have it all built into Reason takes away the focus - Reason is relaly more for composition as well as sound design. Recycle is an addon tool and not just for Reason users, REXs are used everywhere, quite an industry standard now along side WAV, AIFF, and MIDI (well nearly up there with those 3)

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:11 pm

Maybe we should have both, the integrated and a standalone Recycle. Ehm, we already have a standalone and a halfbaked integrated one too atm. but I would like to have an integrated one as well. By the way, why doesn't Recycle/Rex Player have a timestretch in it?

Great Britain
LABONERECORDINGS

Post by LABONERECORDINGS » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:26 am

Probably because it's a slicer and not a time stretcher - harks back to stuff like the E-mu sampler Beat Munger, which is an audio slicer too and strings across the keyboard. Timestretch is an option for audio alone really....

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:30 pm

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:26 am
Probably because it's a slicer and not a time stretcher - harks back to stuff like the E-mu sampler Beat Munger, which is an audio slicer too and strings across the keyboard. Timestretch is an option for audio alone really....
Are you telling it would not be possible? I mean the audio stripe already timestertches and has slices too... ?

User avatar Belgium
Respoda

Post by Respoda » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:57 pm

I would like to, but I still believe the price is WAY too steep for what it is.
####### Music is expression. Expression spurs creation. Creation equals life. ######## #########################################################################################
## Your life is a musical expression of creation, life's exposé of matching sounds, ##
############################### all rushing to be heard ################################

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:59 am

Respoda wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:57 pm
I would like to, but I still believe the price is WAY too steep for what it is.
I bought mine from another user and got it half the price. Yeah, it is a bit too steep. :| :cry: