What's your usual time it takes to finish a track?

Discussion about the actual music making, preparing to write, mix, produce and tweak etc.
User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

What's your usual time it takes to finish a track?

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:24 am

I think mine usually is about 2-3 days. I almost always further mix/tweak stuff in the next days after a release.
Tbh. I should take my time and not hurry for the upcoming tracks. :hmm:

User avatar Iran
Ashley

Re: What's your usual time it takes to finish a track?

Post by Ashley » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:32 am

Hi there, great topic this is. I usually take the same time as you 2-3 days with long hours during those days like 15 hours a day.
It's an enthralling process I must say. Having breaks is very good for me too. But yes I usually try to take my time, but that usually, like never happens haha.

User avatar Bulgaria
Mihail Kosev

Post by Mihail Kosev » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:44 pm

9 to 10 days. I make music 3 hours a day (fixed).

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:14 pm

Ashley wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:32 am
Hi there, great topic this is. I usually take the same time as you 2-3 days with long hours during those days like 15 hours a day.
It's an enthralling process I must say. Having breaks is very good for me too. But yes I usually try to take my time, but that usually, like never happens haha.
Yeah, I feel like I need to breastfeed my listeners as quickly as I can. But that's not a wise route to take, - I rather should put more time into it.
Mihail Kosev wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:44 pm
9 to 10 days. I make music 3 hours a day (fixed).
Ok, so you put more time into it than I do then. The professionals bake their music as long as needed, they usually don't count time, but rather continue working til it's top notch.

User avatar Iran
Ashley

Post by Ashley » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:31 am

For me I just take advantage of my maximum creative phase when it happens for me. It doesn't last forever so for me it's about being in the zone. When it get to about 3 days or longer I start to loose focus and patience. Also I like to keep giving my audience new stuff! everybody loves a new release right? I usually do have a couple of days that I have a break from it and rest my ears. After listening with fresh ears I can hear if it's exactly how I want it and then feel It's ok to release it.

Norway
Sandvik bros.

Post by Sandvik bros. » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:51 pm

There are so different how mutch time I use, creating a track.
Somedays when the spirit is high, I can finish a track in one day(without mixdown, roadtesting and mastering) .
Other times I can spend a week or two on a track.
I´m usually most active in my studio from november to march. (No work for a roadconstructor in -20 degrees celcius) so then I can sit up all night creating a track.
In the summer I work from 07 to 20 isj every day so I need the rest of the night to rest🙈