I made a beat using Audacity

Softwares other than Reason
User avatar Norway
Paralytik

I made a beat using Audacity

Post by Paralytik » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Here's a short piece i made a couple of days ago. I sampled a couple of things from Youtube and arranged them in Audacity. I've just moved to a new place and haven't rigged up my main pc yet, right now I'm on a super crappy mini laptop. It was a fun experiment. Limiting yourself can be good for creativity. I hope you all find it enjoyable, cheers.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Re: I made a beat using Audacity

Post by Heigen5 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:38 am

I haven't touched Audacity for years, but yeah, back in the days with all the limitations, people still made music and still were able to make dope stuff. And yes, it was so fun and exciting back then. My first tools I used were also pretty simple.
But it was a blast when I recorded them to a C-Tape and introduced them to my friends.

Nicely done demonstration of using Audacity. Anyway, hope you enjoy your new place. ;-)

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Re: I made a beat using Audacity

Post by Paralytik » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:37 pm

For sure. I like to go back to trackers sometimes, trying to keep things below 20kb is a fun challenge. As few tracks as possible, just tiny looped waveforms, white noise for the drums.

So far I'm enjoying this place a lot. Gotta sort out the room situation though, got way too much stuff, hehe.