What video software you prefer?

A place for a visual bling-bling
User avatar Estonia
Heigen5
Site Admin

What video software you prefer?

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:01 pm

NCH Videopad here. I tried out lots of the video editing softwares and purchased this: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

It's not the biggest one out there, but it does almost everything I need.
It's very simple to use and does most tasks one needs. I like how logical it is to use too.
The big ones I also tried were a bit too much and also not as cheap.

Sure, if I'd become a video professional, I'd get something else, but for my needs this is more than enough.

What do you use for your video needs and why? 8-)

Great Britain
LABONERECORDINGS

Re: What video software you prefer?

Post by LABONERECORDINGS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Camtasia. Does exactly what it should... although ASIO linking can be a PITA, but doable via Voicemeeter aggregate soundcard panel for Windows

User avatar Estonia
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:45 am

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:10 pm
Camtasia. Does exactly what it should... although ASIO linking can be a PITA, but doable via Voicemeeter aggregate soundcard panel for Windows
One thing I'd like and might want to buy is some kind of a video-effect program, i.e. applies an effect on a raw video, anyone knows any?

Great Britain
LABONERECORDINGS

Post by LABONERECORDINGS » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Yes - Resolume is pretty powerful, full on VJ software. Can add effects to multilayered video 'channels'. Made a few nightclub video sequences with it over the years. Make sure you have a good stable system with a decent GFX card and plenty of hard drive space

User avatar Estonia
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:15 pm

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Yes - Resolume is pretty powerful, full on VJ software. Can add effects to multilayered video 'channels'. Made a few nightclub video sequences with it over the years. Make sure you have a good stable system with a decent GFX card and plenty of hard drive space
I think I tried installing Resolume, but it didn't work by telling me, that I need a better graphic card, if I remember correctly. :cussing:

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:23 pm

My graphics card is also not the best, though it would be really fun to try out video editing. I shot a music video with my 5DmkII, but I just sent the raw files over to someone else for editing and adding effects (I think I might have linked the video in some thread here on the boards EDIT: https://youtu.be/QJ4zuQTll7Y). Would be nice to be able to edit the material myself.

Great Britain
LABONERECORDINGS

Post by LABONERECORDINGS » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 am

Yeah Resolume works fine with NVIDIA 650Ti at the very least, but better cards would be advised. Haven't tried on laptop yet (got ASUS killer gaming lappy perfect for 3d / audio work)